Planet of the Grapes - 4 Weeks £50
Have you always wanted to learn more about wine? Then join us in Chelmsford City Centre and Colchester City Centre on four nights to taste your way around the old and new world.
Our "Planet of the Grapes" tastings will focus on the differences between some classic " Old World Wines" from France and compare them to their "New World" counterparts. We will taste wines from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, Argentina, USA-California, and compare them to wines from the Loire, Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Cahors and Languedoc.
Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier and many more.
This fantastic course gives you the opportunity to taste over 24 exciting wines and discover those you like best. Challenge the way you think about wine - for ever!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY - JUST COME, RELAX AND ENJOY....
Please note that there is an addition charge (to the course fee of £50) of £10 per evening payable on the evening. (This works would at £22.50 per evening where the usual cost of each tasting would be £25 if booked individually).
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per eventing
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over £20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties in the ‘Old World’ and the ‘New World’ and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
All tastings are accompanied by full tasting notes, cheese, meats and bread to nibble.