8 Week World of Wine Tour £105
Welcome to the most popular (and unique) Wine Course in Essex!
- grow your confidence for choosing wine
- explore and discover new favourites
- save money by learning to choose wines you are more likely to enjoy
- meet new people sharing your interest
Our World of Wine Course runs one evening per week for 8 weeks and is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It's flexible - you can even join mid-way and pick up any missed sessions later!
It is a perfect gift for people (buy a voucher HERE) who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. No previous experience required – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different wines and it's a great way to meet new friends.
Please Note: course fee (£105) excludes the cost of wine, food and materials (£10 payable each night) - great value at £23.12 per evening! Click here to see how you Get One Night FREE!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting 50+ wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
KEY FEATURES OF THE WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste over 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
Week 1 - Tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
Week 2 - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
Week 3 - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
Week 4 - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
Week 5 - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
Week 6 - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
Week 7 - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
Week 8 - Champagne & Sparkling Wine (+ £10 fish & chip supper)!
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself and that is exactly what you will have the chance to do in our relaxed and informal setting.
8 Week World of Wine Course Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Thursday evenings starting 25th January as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from
Places remaining: 20
Date/Time: 25th Jan 2018 at 7.00pm
Venue: ACanteen, 35 New London Road, Chelmsford CM2 0ND
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Friday evenings starting 26th January as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon
Places remaining: 20
Date/Time: 26th Jan 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Venue: The George Hotel, 116 High Street, Colchester, CO1 1TD