8 Week World Tour Chelmsford £95
The 8-week Essex World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- over 50 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5 to over £20
- discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- food & wine matching advice
- common wine faults - how to spot them
- storing & serving wine advice
- taste the worlds' major grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc & many others
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for a £95 payment on booking, and then £10 in cash each evening. Great value - still less than £22 per evening and SAVING £25 off the price of 8 evenings booked separately (or one night free)!
This 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other Essex Wine School courses and tastings.
COURSE PROGRAMME (8 weeks):
- France I - Burgundy & Loire; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
- France II - Bordeaux, Rhone, South France; plus how wine is made & the use of oak
- Europe I - Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting, and the importance of soil
- Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal; plus new regions & wines, supermarket v independents, food & wine matching
- New World I - Australia & New Zealand - the different regions; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments
- New World II - Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
- New World III - North America & South Africa; plus how to store wine & why, common wine faults
- Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. Where to buy the best Champagne & lots of food matching!
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the 8 evenings, you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds' major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds' major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets and some food are all provided.