Saturday Course + Lunch Colchester + Chelmsford £80
11am to 4pm - starting with a decadent Champagne aperitif, including a delicious 2-course lunch, and a tutored tasting of a further 11 superb wines!
Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course is a fascinating introduction to the world of Wine. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Our Saturday Courses take place at The George Hotel, Colchester and The Chelmsford Club, Chelmsford
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Two-course lunch and a glass of champagne
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines (including Champagne).
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
Our Saturday Wine Courses also make a great GIFT IDEA for any occasion!
1100 - 1230: Morning session incl Champagne
1230 – 1345: 2 course Lunch included.
1345 – 1600: Afternoon session
We also run these Courses in many other locations across the UK!
Saturday Introduction to Wine, with Champagne and lunch Join us for an Introduction to Wine in a day course. 11:00am to 4:00pm,including Champagne on arrival and a 2 course lunch. Like wine
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 21st Apr 2018 at 11am-4pm
Venue: The Two Brewers, 80-84 Springfield Rd, Chelmsford CM2 6JY