WSET Level 3 Course £675
The WSET courses provide nationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The courses are all examined and certificated within the QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) by the government.
Our network trained 5 WSET scholarship nominees in 2014, selected from top 30 of 3000 UK wide WSET Level 3 graduates.
The Level 3 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Advanced) is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Level 2. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting, your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
Important Entry Information: We recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Wines and Spirits course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enroll on this course - for anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website by clicking on the book below. Please also feel free to contact us at email@example.com to discuss the most appropriate course for your needs.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the book image below to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions
- Wine Tasting; Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching; A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling; Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Wine Production; Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Light Wines; Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Hungary
- Sparkling Wines; Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Fortified Wines; Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
- Number of Wines Tasted; 70-80 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials for Students; will receive a Level 3 Advanced course study pack, consisting of the course book, study guide and SAT tasting card
- 2 Individually Marked Mock Blind Tasting Exams + 4 Written Exam Technique Sessions included in our extended timetable
- Duration of course; - 6 Full days Tuition & tasting incl additional exam practice sessions beyond the basic syllabus
- Recommended Private Study; 56 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done weekly in preparation for the tutored study session
- Modes of Study; 6 Days
- Examination; The Level 3 examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a blind tasting of two wines. Part two will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a short writtten answer section (four questions at 25 marks each). A mark of 55% is required in each section to pass
- Certification; All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
- Essex Wine School has been approved by the WSET London to offer these professional wine courses.
Course Tutor: Neil Bull WSET Dip. WSET-Approved Programme Provider.
This allows you to spread the cost of the WSET Level 3 course over three payments. The first payment is for £150 The second is for £250 and the third is for
Places remaining: 891
This allows you to spread the cost of the WSET Level 3 course over three payments. The first payment is for £250 The second is for £250 and the third is for
Places remaining: 900
This allows you to spread the cost of the WSET Level 3 course over three payments. The second is for £250 and the third is for £275. We must receive all three
Places remaining: 900
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines: 6-Day Course Starting 28th September then, 12th and 26th October, 9th and 23rd November and 7th December This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine and
Places remaining: 0
Date/Time: 28th Sep 2019 at 9.30am -4.30pm
Venue: The Chelmsford Club, Staplegrove, 108 New London Road, CM2 0RG