Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex at Essex Wine School
A very warm welcome to Essex Wine School. We are a local, independent wine education company which specialises in hosting Essex wine tastings and wine courses in Chelmsford & Colchester. Our courses are open to everyone and anyone; no previous wine tasting experience is necessary.
- taste and learn in a relaxed setting
- improve your confidence in buying wine
- make new discoveries
There are now even more 2018 tastings to choose from than ever before. Such as Introduction to wine, Gin, Rum, Spanish Wine & Tapas, Beer & Cheese, and WSET Levels 1, 2 and 3. Take a look at all that we have planned here.
Our NEW Four week Introduction to Wine is a great way to learn more about wine in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Book individual weeks or the whole four weeks. More details here
Wine Tasting Gift Vouchers make ideal presents for, birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. They last for two years and any left over value can be carried over to another tasting.
If you have been lucky enough to receive one of gift vouchers don't forget to use it! You view all of our events for 2018 here.
Our popular Spanish wine and Tapas evening is back on both Chelmsford and Colchester. Places are limited so to find out more please click HERE.
As well as Gin and Whisky we are now running RUM tastings! Not only is it a delicious drink it also has a fascinating history. A tasting not to missed! Click HERE for more details.
You can book online by clicking the links OR you are welcome to give Neil a call on 01371 267260 and he can take the booking over the 'phone.
Here is a taste of what we do; use the links to the left of this page to find out more:
- Saturday wine tastings - incl. a two course lunch and Champagne.
- One Evening wine tastings.
- Food and wine matching experiences.
- Spirit tastings.
- Corporate wine tastings, client entertainment and team building events in Essex - We can help you find a venue
- At home, private wine tasting events throughout Essex- no wine purchases at the end
- What about a Hen party in Essex?- we can help you find a venue
- Accredited wine and spirit qualifications (from WSET)
Have a look at our listings page to see all of our events.
Keep up to date with our latest Wine Tasting events by signing up for our monthly newsletter just click here
== We are proud winners of the TripAdvisor Certficate of Excellence 'for consistently great reviews'
Here's what people have been saying about us on Tripadvisor ===
“An excellent 2 hour wine tasting evening”
An excellent evening hosted by Neil, which consisted of tasting 6 sparkling & fortified wines and port. Neil gives an excellent overview of the region of each wine; how the grapes are grown, growing conditions, how grapes are pressed and the different words & terms used in the wine industry. I'm a complete novice and not once did I feel overwhelmed by the information; it was just the right amount. Nibbles were provided which weren't to fill you up, but to assist you in understanding how wine can compliment food. A thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours which went too fast, but making me thirsty for more knowledge. Visited April 2017
We've just finished a 4 week new world wine course with Neil in Chelmsford. It was absolutely brilliant. We have learnt so much and enjoyed it immensely. We are looking to book on other events & have recommended Neil to everyone we know. Thank you so much! Visited March 2017
A really interesting, value for money evening. We had champagne, white wine, red wine and port all perfectly paired with delicious cheeses. Neil had lots of interesting things to say on the wines and cheese and why certain pairings work well.
Very impressed and definitely booking up some future events as gifts! Laura January 2016
My wife bought me a home wine tasting event for a surprise birthday party. All our guests and I had an amazing time. Neil was first class. Gin Tasting come summer! Tony M January 20
Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews for wine tastings in Essex
The right wine tasting for you.... Our wine tastings in Essex are for all levels of experience and focus on enjoying wine and learning in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
Gift vouchers - from £25 - Our tastings make the perfect gift, and we offer gift vouchers for all of our events.
One evening tastings, Colchester or Chelmsford from - £25 - An opportunity to broaden your awareness of particular regions on our country specific evenings.
4 Week Courses - from £50 - Allows you to gain a deeper insight into wine tasting. Each 4 week wine course will focus on a different subject.
Saturday courses - £80 - One of our most popular courses! Champagne, 12 other wines and a delicious two course lunch. A great day out and it makes a fantastic present.
Cheese and wine tastings - from £32.50 - We look at some of the classic combinations as well as a few new ideas.
Beer Tastings- £30 - For something a bit different how about a beer tasting? We will taste a selection of quality beers from each of three main beer group styles.
Spirit tastings - from £32.50 - Gin and Whisky tastings. The huge surge in popularity for Gin and Whisky has led to these special evening events and give you the chance to try something a bit different
Corporate Wine Events - perfect for entertaining clients, rewarding staff, networking or team building at your office or ask us to find a venue for you.
Hen Parties, Stag Do's or Private Wine Tasting Events - A great idea for hen and stag parties, a girls or guys night in, birthday, anniversaries or family celebrations across Essex
Fancy a professional wine qualification? We also run Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) courses across Essex. WSET is the internationally recognised awarding body for the wine trade, however anyone with an interest in wine tasting can use these qualifications to expand their knowledge in a more formal way.
- Perhaps you are looking for someone else? Our wine courses and wine tastings are suitable for everyone. They make a unique wine gift and wine present. We run many wine courses from one evening wine tastings to 8 week wine courses as well as our popular Saturday courses. Take a look at our Gift Vouchers, which come in a variety of values.
We also run fabulous courses at other locations across the UK -click here to learn more...
Venues and Times
Essex Wine School uses two venues in the heart of both Chelmsford and Colchester, both easy to reach by public transport.
We can also come to you, and if you are organising an event, we can add wine tasting at the venue you have already arranged for your meal. We can also help you select the perfect local Venue. For further details - see our Private and Corporate Events
Our Evening Wine Tastings in Chelmsford will be held in the wonderful Malt Room at The Two Brewers, Springfiled Road, Chelmsford. Just a short walk from John Lewis and Bond Street
The venue is easily accessible from Chelmsford Station.
The Blue Ivy Hotel is a beautiful Georgian building on historic North Hill. Walking through the doors is like stepping back in time. The vintage decor and elegant surroundings provide a unique experience.
Not sure which course to select? Feel free to call Neil on 01371 267260or 07443 897562; we'd be delighted to guide you through the courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN CHELMSFORD & COLCHESTER
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland