Saturday Introduction to Wine,with Champagne and lunch (Colchester)
Join us for an Introduction to Wine in a day course. 11:00am to 4:00pm, including Champagne on arrival and a two course lunch.
- Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
- If you are interested in wine and fancy learning why certain varieties have different tastes and how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this is the course for you.
- Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting journey incorporating at least 12 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
A glass of Champagne on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch are included in the price.
Our Colchester Saturday Courses take place at the historic George Hotel, 116 High Street Colchester, which recently featured in the fascinating book The Essex Serpent by Sarah Parry.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Two-course lunch and a glass of champagne
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
Our Saturday Wine Courses also make a great Gift idea for any occasion!
1100 - 1230: Morning session incl Champagne
1230 – 1345: 2 course Lunch included.
1345 – 1600: Afternoon session
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 20th Jan 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: The George Hotel, 116 High Street, Colchester, CO1 1TD