4 Week Old World Tour of wine (Chelmsford)
The Essex Wine School 4 week introduction to Old World Wines is the wine course designed for people who have an interest in wine and want to know more about it. 'Old World' refers to key historic regions in Europe, including France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal among others. No previous experience is necessary to enjoy the course, the emphasis is on tasting and learning! Each wine tasting will include different information about the wines and regions while tasting at least 6 wines every time! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. And at the end of the 4 evenings you get a free wine tasting book to take away!
By the end of the 4 evenings:
• You will have an understanding of the main wine producing regions in the Old World and the key styles they produce
• over 25 wines will be tasted in 4 weeks
• retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5 to over £20
• discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
• food & wine matching advice
• common wine faults - how to spot them
• storing & serving wine advice
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets and delicious nibbles are all provided.
This 4-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion
Course Dates (all Thursday 7-9pm):
- 7th February - Introduction to Wine
- 14th February - France Part one - Bordeaux & Burgundy and the concept of terroir
- 21st February - France Part two - The Loire, the Rhone & Alsace and the importance of weather
- 28th February - Spain, Italy and Portugal - plus food and wine pairing
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World of Wine Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other Essex Wine School courses and tastings.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
The course fee is £105. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for a £65 payment on booking, and then £10 in cash each evening.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 4 evenings, you will have gained a good understanding of the New world's major wine styles, as well as an appreciation of some of the worlds best sparkling wines. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets and some food are all provided.
Places remaining: 20
Course Date/Time: Thu 7th Feb 2019 at 7pm to 9pm for 4 wee
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Two Brewers, 80-84 Springfield Rd, Chelmsford CM2 6JY