WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines: 6-Day Course
Starting 28th September then, 12th and 26th October, 9th and 23rd November and 7th December
This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Advance Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who already have a good working understanding of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available, but who need to refine and develop their knowlThe course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
In addition to the 36 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of around 50 hours of private study, we recommend 7 hours preparation before each session.
A full layout of the course timetable, incl wines to be tasted and page references to be studied at home each week, will be issued at the start of the course to help you plan your time.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Understanding wines: Explaining style and quality' course manual (comprehensive 200 page textbook), Study Guide and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts- copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, printed slides where relevant
- All course tuition
- Additional time in class for exam preparation including 2 fully marked mock tasting exams and weekly written exam technique sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and Pin for all those who pass
- Study Materials: your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Monday 15th May 2017 Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
The final instalment must be made one month before the commencement of the course. Pleae call Neil on 01371 2670 for more details.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
You will need six ISO tasting glasses. You can buy these yourselves or we can supply them for you at a cost of £10 for a pack of six. Please let us know at least two weeks before the course starts so that we can arrange a supply.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Sep 2019 at 9.30am -4.30pm
Duration: 7 hours for six week
Venue: The Chelmsford Club, Staplegrove, 108 New London Road, CM2 0RG