Family of Twelve - New Zealand Tasting (Chelmsford)
Essex Wine School is pleased to announce a Masterclass tasting showcasing twelve of New Zealand's finest wineries known as The Family of Twelve. Each member of the 'family' is committed to producing world class wines.
"Contrasting personalities, different wine regions and styles make up our family and we celebrate these differences. We are a family of twelves siblings with one voice and one purpose. Clarity in a crowded wine world"
Our masterclass tasting will present a total of 12 wines, emphasising the different grape varieties and terroirs across the two islands. Thanks to the support of the Family of Twelve, we will be tasting some of the finest wines produced in New Zealand while learning about the pioneering producers who make them. We will be tasting :-
- Lawson's Dry Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2015 srp £12.50
- Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc 2014 srp £11.50
- Neudorf Chardonnay 2014 srp £19.92
- Kumeu River Estate Chardonnay 2014 £19.50
- Millton Riverpoint Viognier 2014 £13.75
- Pegasus Bay Bel Canto Riesling 2014 srp £15.75
- Ata Rangi Crimson Pinot Noir 2014 srp £19.92
- Palliser Estate Pinot Noir 2014 srp £14.08
- Fromm La Strada Pinot Noir 2014 srp £17.50
- Felton Road Pinot Noir Bannockburn 2014 srp £28.33
- Villa Maria Reserve Gimblett Gravels Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot 2012 srp £16.63
- Craggy Range Syrah, Gimblett Gravels Vineyard, Hawke’s Bay 2013 £19.58
As well as some delicious Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (everyone's favourite!) we'll be exploring the up-and-coming aromatic grape varieties, such as Viognier and Riesling, which many experts suggest could rival the Sauvignons one day. In addition, two of NZ's top Chardonnays made by Neudorf and Kumeu River will be an absolute must-try for any White Burgundy fans. Stricly limited number of places for this very special tasting.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 6th Jun 2017 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: ACanteen, 35 New London Road, Chelmsford CM2 0ND