Beer and cheese Pairing (Colchester)
Here at Essex Wine School we are passionate about good beer! Neil, our head tutor, has recently passed the advanced beer course with the Beer Academy and is studying to become a Beer Sommelier.
Cheese and wine pairing is one of our most popular events but we thought it was about time to show just how well beer and cheese go together.
In this session you will -
• Taste the difference between pale, crystal and dark malts and understand how this ingredient contributes colour, flavour and aroma to individual beer styles
• Understand hop varieties from around the world, and how they contribute aroma, taste and bitterness to individual beer styles
• Learn about the brewing process
• Evaluate and taste 7 different beers: wheat, lager, pale ale, India pale ale, stout, Abbey and sour
• Describe the characteristics of each of these beer styles
• Understand how and why each beer style evolved
• Taste each beer with its perfect cheese pairing
This tasting makes an interesting and original gift not only for fathers and husbands but mothers and wives! The right beer, served properly and with the right food can, and does, appeal to all!
Our Gift Vouchers are redeemable against any of our courses - beer or wine tastings.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Wed 10th Oct 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Blue Ivy Hotel, 4-6 North Hill, Colchester CO1 1DZ