Saturday Introduction To wine, lunch and Champagne (Chelmsford)
Saturday Introduction to Wine, with Champagne and lunch
Join us for an Introduction to Wine in a day course. 11:00am to 4:00pm,including Champagne on arrival and a 2 course lunch.
Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
- If you are interested in wine and fancy learning why certain varieties have different tastes and how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this is the course for you.
- Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting journey incorporating 12 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
- A glass of Champagne on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch are included in the price.
Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
Two-course lunch and a glass of champagne
How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
The effect of climate on the taste of wine
Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
1100 - 1230: Morning session incl Champagne
1230 – 1345: 2 course Lunch included.
1345 – 1600: Afternoon session
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 26th Jan 2019 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: The Two Brewers, 80-84 Springfield Rd, Chelmsford CM2 6JY