Like you, we’ve been closely monitoring the developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The most recent government stance states that people should avoid all non-essential public gatherings. We know that we must play our part in helping to curb the spread of the current coronavirus pandemic and as such we have had to take the difficult decision to close Essex Wine School temporarily. This closure will start from today Wednesday 18 March. We hope to reopen again from late June, but this is dependent on further developments and guidance from the government.
This is incredibly sad for us, not only because we love to teach but because as small business owners this is our passion and our livelihood. Essex Wine School is a business we have grown over the last five years and it breaks our heart to close our doors - even temporarily. However, looking out for each other is the most important thing in times like these. We take the safety and welfare of all our students very seriously and we also have a responsibility to our team who work tirelessly to make the school what it is.
We will be contacting all of you who have booked on any of our tastings or courses occurring between Thursday 19th March and the end of June and will be offering the following:
- Free rebooking with no amendment fees; or
- Free cancellation and a credit equivalent to your original ticket price to be used as payment for future events. This credit is valid for two years.
While we hope for normalcy to resume as soon as possible for everyone, should we need to close for additional time beyond the end of June due to COVID-19, the above will be also offered to anyone whose booking with us becomes impacted by this.
While the news of COVID-19’ impact globally is disconcerting to say the least, we also wanted to share our existing and newly adopted health and hygiene best practices in light of this during our schools opening hours. We have always taken our students’ welfare very seriously and we do acknowledge the concerns you may have and thus we wanted to take this time to share with you our standard best practices as well as the extra precautions we are currently taking:
- All students at the school will receive the attached hygiene best practice flyers via email before they start their tasting or course. Printed versions will be in each class.
- Each tutor will start the tasting or course referring to this best practice.
- Boxes of tissues will be placed on the tables for students to use. Bins are available for disposal.
- All our tutors wear food preparation gloves when setting up the class and when preparing food in the kitchen.
- When food is provided you will all have your own plates and cutlery.
We are closely following the government’s instructions on how to deal with the coronavirus and will adhere to any recommendations they make. If we must cancel additional classes in the best interest of public safety, we will let you know as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can also keep up to date with the UK government’s instructions on their website: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
General Health & Hygiene Best Practices
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Follow good hygiene practices when coughing and sneezing (cover your mouth and nose with bent elbow and dispose of the tissue immediately).
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
4. Stay home if you feel unwell and call 111.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information at email@example.com or call us on 01371 267260
On behalf of Essex Wine School thank you for your understanding and support, wash your hands, stay safe and see you soon.
regards Neil, Tim, Neil and Dave.