WSET Level 2 Course £385
Essex Wine School is accredited to run the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) courses. The WSET courses provide nationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The courses are all examined and certificated within a QCA-approved National Qualifications Framework.
We offer three WSET courses, Level 1 Award, Level 2 Award & the Level 3 Award...
More details may be found by clicking on the course details below.
WHY BOOK A WSET COURSE WITH ESSEX WINE SCHOOL? FIRST OF ALL,we are part of the award-winning Local Wine School network - our members have been nominated for Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 4x times in the last 6 years AND won the award in 2015!
1. We offer a personalised service, with direct feedback on progress during your course.
2. We keep course number to 14 or below, to give you more individual attention during your course.
3. We offer assistance to students when needed outside of classroom hours.
4. We don't sell wine, we are professional wine educators - we don't do anything else!
5. Our WSET Tutors all have the WSET Diploma, not just WSET qualified!
6. We have great experience in training over 1,000 students...
7. We have over 50 wine courses, and offer a 10% discount on all courses booked while on a WSET course. Your chance to learn and taste even more great wine.
8. Because we are not a wine merchant we can provide a much larger choice of wines, and given the volumes we buy, we are able to buy at wholesale prices and offer better and more premium wines.
9. Wine tasting is fun and we make all our courses fun!. Yes even the WSET level 3 course!! Remember slurping is a skill!!!
10. And all this translates into helping you be successful. Our pass rates are much higher than the national average.
- Level 1 - Our pass rate 99%. National average 93%
- Level 2 - Our pass rate 97%. National average 89%
- Level 3 - Tasting exam. Our pass rate 100%. National average 87%
- Level 3 - Multiple choice. Our pass rate 100%. National average 88%
- Level 3 - Short written answer questions. Our pass rate 70%. National average 50%
You can view the full specification by clicking here
Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
The exam will take place at the end of the final session and lasts for one hour.
In addition to the 16 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete around 12 hours of private study in their own time
A copy of the course specification can be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- All tasting wines (approx 28-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study materials : your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. You will also need six ISO tasting glasses which we can supply, at cost, to you if required.
Special Educational Needs: please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Course tutor: Neil Bull DIP Wset. Wset - Approved Programme Provider
If you'd like any more information, then please give Neil a call on 01371 267260 / 07743 897562 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This allows you to spread the cost of the WSET Level 2 course over two payments. The first payment is for £200 The second is for £185. We must have received full payment
Places remaining: 889
This allows you to spread the cost of the WSET Level 2 course over two payments. This second payment is for £185. We must have received full payment at least three weeks
Places remaining: 893
WSET Level Award in Wines (Saturdays) This exciting and structured course over 3 Saturdays is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate). You
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 25th Jan 2020 at 9.30 am -4.30pm
Venue: The Chelmsford Club, 108, New London Road, Chelmsford, CM2 0RG