WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Online
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines: Online
The Level 3 Award in Wines is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting, your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations. WSET Level 3 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification.
This course is delivered online over six days with a minimum of 80 hours total study (including LIVE virtual lessons) recommended to successfully complete the course. Regular internet access and participation is essential.
The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Please note that the exam is completed in person and not online. The course fee includes an attended examination with Essex Wine School.
What’s Covered on the Course:
Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Successful candidates will be able to taste and describe with confidence the characteristics of the principal wines of the world and give information on the key factors influencing style, quality and price. Those who work with wine will be in a great position to advise management, to answer customer queries authoritatively, and to make informed selections of wines in a variety of situations.
The Level 3 Award in Wines is designed to build on a solid foundation of knowledge, equivalent to that which is gained through Level 2 Award in Wines (previously known as the Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits). For this reason, the course is recommended to students who have achieved the WSET Level 2 qualification, however this qualification isn't a requiement to enroll onto this course.
You must be at least 18 years old to enrol on any of our courses.
The course is delivered online and in English therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required. Additionally, the course assessment requires your answers to be hand-written, therefore a good level of written and spoken English is very beneficial.
A course study pack will be posted to you upon booking for this course (your preferred postal address will be confirmed before materials are posted out). It is highly recommended that the course textbook is read prior to the start of the course if possible.
For the full specification of the course please click HERE
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
Friday 121h September 2020 at 4pm: Registration Deadline
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM DATES:
- Saturday 26th September 2020 at 9:30am – 4.30pm: 1st LIVE virtual classroom session (NOTE: there will be a 20 minute break during the morning and afternoon sessions PLUS a one hour lunch break)
- Saturday 10th October 2020 at 9:30am – 4.30pm: 2nd LIVE virtual classroom session (NOTE: there will be a 20 minute break during the morning and afternoon sessions PLUS a one hour lunch break)
- Saturday 24th October 2020 at 9:30am – 4.30pm: 3rd LIVE virtual classroom session (NOTE: there will be a 20 minute break during the morning and afternoon sessions PLUS a one hour lunch break)
- Saturday 14th November 2020 at 9:30am – 4.30pm: 4th LIVE virtual classroom session (NOTE: there will be a 20 minute break during the morning and afternoon sessions PLUS a one hour lunch break
- Saturday 28th November 2020 at 9:30am – 4.30pm: 5th LIVE virtual classroom session (NOTE: there will be a 20 minute break during the morning and afternoon sessions PLUS a one hour lunch break)
- There will also be two 1 hour sessions on 6th October and 10th November from 8pm to 9pm to cover any questions. Neil is happy to schedule any one-to-one online sessions at agreed times with anyone if required.
- NOTE: All live virtual sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time.
IN-PERSON TASTING REVISION DAY & EXAM:
Saturday 5th December 2020 at 9:00am - 5:00pm: In-Person Tasting Revision Day and the exam with Essex Wine School
To obtain the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass an IN-PERSON exam that is made up of two components. The Theory Exam (50 multiple-choice questions and 4 comprehensive short written questions) and the Tasting Exam (blind assessment of two wines). You must achieve at least 55% on both the Theory exam and the Tasting exam to pass the exam.
The course will have 5 full LIVE virtual taught lessons, two one hour evening sessions with Neil Bull DipWset. These lesson times are reflected above in the course schedule.
Students will be scheduled to attend the exam on Saturday 5th December 2020 upon enrolment.
The Course Fee of £575 Includes:
- Course study pack (posted to students)
- Access to full LIVE virtual taught lessons taught by Neil Bull DipWset
- Professional WSET tuition
- Attendance to an in-house tasting revision day with Essex Wine School
- Exam & all related examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the in-person exam
It is recommended that 24 wines are tasted as part of this course outside of the in-house tasting revision day. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the listed course fee. The course tutor will send through the recommended wine styles for students to obtain and sample as part of this course.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
You will need six ISO tasting glasses. You can buy these yourselves or we can supply them for you at a cost of £10 for a pack of six. Please let us know at least two weeks before the course starts so that we can arrange a supply.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 26th Sep 2020 at 9.30am -4.30pm
Duration: 7 hours for six week
Venue: ONLINE Course