8 Week World of Wine Tour (Chelmsford)
Welcome to our flagship wine course - a fun and informal introduction to the wonderful world of wine for anyone who wants to learn more.
According to the current Government Roadmap, we are assuming we will be able to present this performance on a full capacity basis. We will continue to follow Government guidance and if we are required to return to social distancing, please be aware we may need to change your booking. If alternative seating cannot be provided to your satisfaction you will be offered either an alternative date or full refund.
No previous experience is necessary - the emphasis is upon learning by tasting.
This course runs one evening per week to build your knowledge quickly. It is also flexible - if you need to skip a night, just let us know in advance and you'll be able to pick up a repeat session.
We have priced the course to give you an overall saving equivalent to one free evening (compared to each evening booked individually).
What will I get from this course?
- Taste over 50 wines from 12 countries
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover how best to store wine and ideal serving temperatures
- Develop a basic understanding of how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
- Each evening we explain different regions.
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- 30th September - Wines of Southern Italy and Sicily
- 7th October - Wines of Northern Spain
- 14th October - The Loire, Burgundy and Alsace
- 21st October - Game of Rhones
- 28th October - Southern Hemisphere Wines
- 4th November - Off the beaten track - vegeatrian/vegan, biodynamic, Eastern Europe plus some surprises!
- 11th November - The Beautiful South - South America and South Africa
- 18th November - Sparkling Wine - including Champagne!
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself and that is exactly what you will have the chance to do in our relaxed and informal setting.
The total course cost is £235. This represents excellent value for money and gives you the equivalent of 1 evening free!
What if I can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the session on the next course or request a credit voucher.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting sheets, course support materials, and table water are provided at every session.This 8-week World of Wine Course makes a fantastic gift for anybody who enjoys wine but would line to learn a little more.
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Thu 30th Sep 2021 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours for 8 weeks
Venue: The two Brewers, 80-84 Springfield Rd, Chelmsford CM2 6JY