WSET Level 1- Online Tuesday Evenings
WSET L1 Wine - Online - Tuesday Course
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is the ideal starting point for the novice wine enthusiast, or anyone starting a career in wine or hospitality. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from Ofqual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
Do I need any prior knowledge?
No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
About the course
Learn about wines through a 4-week study programme with 3 online classroom sessions, recorded so you can watch them back. Plus, the support of our educators over 4 weeks to answer any questions and help with your studying. The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom with the guidance of a dedicated educator.
You will learn how to taste wine using a systematic approach and be able to identify the main styles of wine. You’ll also learn to apply these to your own food and wine choices.
Tasting is a part of studying for this course and we recommend you taste a minimum of 6 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What’s Covered on the Course:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback. Students to provide their own samples - this activity is not compulsory, but we do recommend.
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above. Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students. The price of the 6 bottle case is £60 including delivery. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Note that the exam will be online and consists of 30 multiple choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. To pass you must correctly answer 70% of the questions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- Tues 12th Jan 2020 at 7pm - 9pm: 1st LIVE online classroom session
- Tues 19th Jan at 7pm - 9pm: 2nd LIVE online classroom session
- Tues 26th Jan at 7pm - 9pm: 3rd LIVE online classroom session
NOTE: All live online sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time.
The Course Fee of £140 Includes:
- Course study guide (posted)
- Access to online Classroom sessions
- Professional WSET tuition
- Examination fees
- Upon successful completion – Globally Recognised WSET Qualification, Certificate and Lapel Pin
If you would like an open ended voucher which can be used against any of our future courses just CLICK HERE
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 12th Jan 2021 at 7pm to 9pm
Duration: 3 weeks
Venue: Online Course