WSET Level 1 Online - Afternoons
WSET Level 1 Online - Afternoon Course
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is the ideal starting point for the novice wine enthusiast, or anyone starting a career in wine or hospitality. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from Ofqual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
Why choose to study online with us?
- Our online courses offer a near classroom experience - you will be tutored through your course by a professionally qualified wine tutor, they are not 'self-study' or 'distance learning' courses
- You will be able to interact LIVE with your tutor and other students and ask questions during the sessions
- We offer a different course formats including evening, weekend and condensed courses so you can choose the format that suits your schedule
- The price of your online course includes an online exam that you can schedule at a time that is convenient to you
- Free access to mock multiple choice questions so that you are perfectly prepared for the exam
Do I need any prior knowledge?
No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
About the course
Learn about wines through online classroom sessions, recorded so you can watch them back. Plus, the support of our educators over 4 weeks to answer any questions and help with your studying. The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom with the guidance of a dedicated educator.
You will learn how to taste wine using a systematic approach and be able to identify the main styles of wine. You’ll also learn to apply these to your own food and wine choices.
Tasting is a part of studying for this course and we recommend you taste a minimum of 6 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What’s Covered on the Course:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback. Students to provide their own samples - this activity is not compulsory, but we do recommend.
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above. Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students. The price of the 6 bottle case is £60 including delivery. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
To participate in the tastings you must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Note that the exam is online please click here for exam requirements
The exam consists of 30 multiple choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. To pass you must correctly answer 70% of the questions. Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- Registration Deadline: Monday 29th March 2021
- Monday 12th April 2021 2pm-4pm 1st online session
- Tuesday 13th April 2021 2pm-4pm 2nd online session
- Wednesday 14th April 2021 2pm-4pm 3rd online session
Please note that the WSET require 15working days notice to organise the Online Exam
NOTE: All live online sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time.
The Course Fee of £140 Includes:
Course study guide (posted)
Access to online Classroom sessions
Professional WSET tuition
Upon successful completion – Globally Recognised WSET Qualification, Certificate and Lapel Pin
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Mon 12th Apr 2021 at 2pm - 4pm
Duration: 2 hours x 3 days